As we know that irctc.co.in is the most visited traveling site in India and it has over a 25 million of active user’s. But sometimes the user may face the issue of forgetting Username and Password of IRCTC, once in their lifetime. Now here’s the article in which we go through on How to Reset IRCTC Login ID and Password.
Recover Forgotten IRCTC Username
Don’t worry, if you have forgotten your IRCTC Login ID unless you know your email ID, that you have provided while registering.
Method 1 for Recovering IRCTC Username with Registered Mail ID:
- Login to your registered mail account that you gave while registering with IRCTC.
- On search bar, search for keywords ‘IRCTC’ or ‘ticketadmin’.
- Now from the list of results, select the mail that you got confirming your registration from IRCTC.
- The mail would look similar to the following image.
Note:If your account is not active for about 6 months or more, than IRCTC officials may disable your account. In such case, next best option will be to register for a new account.
Method 2 for Recovering IRCTC Username through Customer Care:
- To recover your user ID when you don’t remember your mail or if have deleted your mail, send a mail to
- They will send you ticket code in response to your mail.
- You can either call them by customer care number to tell ticket code or you can mail them mentioning your ticket code.
- You’ll receive your user ID within 24 hours of contact. Now, as you have user ID roll up your sleeves to recover your password.
IRCTC Password Recovery
In this information-loaded world, it’s very common to forget passwords. Don’t worry though, now a days every site has a process to recover the password. IRCTC do also have one.
Method 1 for Recovering Forgotten IRCTC Password using Registered Mobile Number:
- Visit IRCTC Login Page.
- Click on ” Forgot Password” link beside password field.
- Enter your username and captcha. Now hit “Fetch Details” button to proceed to next step. If you don’t remember the username, try the above-mentioned steps to recover your user ID.
- If your user ID is valid and it still exists in IRCTC’s Database, then you will be directed to password recovery page.
- As we are at password recovery page, you need the mobile number which was used while registering with IRCTC for recovering password. Even if you have multiple mobile numbers, there is no need for worry unless the number you registered with IRCTC is active.
- Enter OTP which is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now fill in “New Password”, confirm new password by re-entering it in “Confirm Password” field. To avoid forgetting, use a memorable password.
- Finally enter the captcha (if you are unable to find captcha, hit refresh link beside captcha field.) to hit submit. Remember that captcha is case-sensitive.